Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; is formatted according to APA 7th Edition; and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
- The cover page, a separate document from the main submission, includes the names of two potential reviewers and their accurate email addresses. The authors must not have previously worked with the reviewers.
- All relevant permissions are included in the submission (e.g. for use of photos, media, surveys, etc.)
Articles that are published are substantial (5000 words maximum, not including references, tables and figures) empirical, theoretical, and methodological research papers from a variety of perspectives, methods and data gathering approaches.
- Authors who publish in this journal retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license (CCBY 4.0) that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) after publication, while providing bibliographic details that credit NPOJ (See The Effect of Open Access).